The right information saves lives.
In an emergency, knowing the medical history of the patient can be the difference between life and death.
We will ensure that all the up to the minute personal and medical information is available in a special pack, clearly marked to ensure that the right care and attention is administered.
Pfizer surveyed 1,000 people nationally and found that:
- Over half of adult children said their parents were on a prescription medicine but 77% did not know the name of the medicine
- 1 on 5 did not know the name of their parents’ GP
- 72% worry about their parents’ safety and security
Within our emergency service all clients are independently assessed to find out their personal needs.
Our ICE (In Case of Emergency) plans include:
- Full medical history
- Medication plans
- A list of family and friends contact details
We can provide emergency care at last minutes notice for our existing clients or as a one-off care to suit your needs.
A green cross sticker goes in very visible location on there front door, this indicates to ambulance or firemen that there is a PIP box located in their fridge, it contains all their personal information such as:
- Is the person an organ donor
- Who should be contacted in case of an emergency
- Medical details
- Contact details of their GP and pharmacist
- Respiratory History
- Cardiac History
- What Medication they are on
I live alone. My carer John looks after me very well. He cooks my dinner everyday, the lad makes a great stew, we have great debates about football. John, my carer, comes to me again in the evening and cooks my supper and tidies up and makes sure that I am safe and everywhere locked up, so I can go to bed in peace.
John Quinn, Client