Old age can have its benefits too!
Do you need basic help with everyday tasks? Somebody you can talk to and who will always listen to you?
How about someone who’ll listen, while helping you feel better about things? Whether it’s a few of hours helping with chores, or bathing and bringing you down to the shops, we will be there.
Apart from basic tasks, are you looking for somebody who will take care of your health as well?
Your friend-carer will look after the following:
- Overall personal care
- Respite care
- Convalescence care
- Dementia care
- Early Alzheimer care
- Help with incontinence care
- Cooking and preparing meals
- Monitor diet and prepare favoured fresh meals
- Clean and vacuum
- Companionship, friendship, conversation
- Home hairdressing
- Arrange everyday appointments
- Pay and monitor bills
- Help write and post letters
- Monitor medications
- Answering the door
- Answering the phone
- Evenings or days out to socialize
- Read newspapers and books for you
- Take you out shopping or just shop for you
- Help try on, and choose clothing and footwear
- Help with wheelchair or walking
- Help look after pets and plants
- Take you to the doctors or hospital appointments
- Supervise any work carried out by other people, builders, painters etc
- Washing and ironing of clothes
- Getting the morning paper
- Rental and return of DVDs or videos
- Get to know your neighbours and friends
- Plan special birthday and Christmas days with your friends and family or another family
- Regular bed changes
All our carers are highly qualified.
My carer has become my dear friend, she does my shopping, cooks my meals and does all the housework. She sometimes sits and chats to me and gives me all the news. I love our chats and look forward to seeing her every day.
Bridget Conroy, Client